The 2022 NFL season is down to 1 week and one recreation.
Whereas the playoff image for the AFC and NFC will not be finalized till Week 18, it is time to check out up to date standings and which groups will qualify for the playoffs if the season ends on Week 17 Sunday.
This is a take a look at the contenders on the point of becoming a member of the postseason get together, together with a breakdown of the NFL’s newest playoff course and standings:
POWER RANKINGS: Cowboys climbing in Packers playoff picture; Steelers jump to Patriots, Jets for Week 17
Week 17 standings within the NFL
AFC playoff official
1. Kansas Metropolis Chiefs (13-3), champions, AFC West. The Chiefs put strain on the Payments by beating the Broncos at residence on Sunday. They proceed to interrupt a head-to-head tie with the Payments, which they misplaced at residence in Week 6. The Chiefs will attempt to win in Week 18 and hope the Payments lose as soon as and take the highest spot.
2. Buffalo Payments (12-3), champions, AFC East. The Payments beat the Bears in Week 16 to safe a 3rd consecutive league title. Now the Payments can deal with pushing the Chiefs away for the house benefit and to be alone. The bottom line is to beat the Bengals in Cincinnati on Monday. The Payments can now not clinch #1 in Week 17 after the Chiefs win.
3. Cincinnati Bengals (11-4), first place, AFC North. The Bengals beat the Patriots in Week 16 for his or her seventh consecutive win. This stored them simply behind the Payments and Chiefs within the convention and nonetheless forward of the profitable Ravens within the division. Cincinnati will host Baltimore on Monday evening earlier than enjoying Buffalo in Week 17. The Bengals may clinch the division with a win after the Ravens misplaced.
4. Jacksonville Jaguars (8-8), first place, South AFC. The Jaguars stayed right here, beating the Texans in Week 17. Jacksonville is forward of Tennessee by a full recreation and a one-on-one tiebreak as they received at Nashville in Week 14. It involves Week 18 when the Jaguars welcome the division-breaking Titans on the road.
5. Los Angeles Chargers (10-6), second place, AFC West. The Offended Chargers clinched a wild spot with a convincing highway defeat of the Colts in Week 16 and continued to roll towards the inter-city Rams to bypass the dropping Ravens in Week 17. They give the impression of being extra harmful with Justin Herbert, Austin Ekeler and. an evolving defence.
6. Baltimore Ravens (10-6), runner-up, AFC North. The Ravens would not be capable of cope with the Steelers at residence with out Lamar Jackson on Sunday evening, which is 18th in Cincinnati if the Bengals win on Monday, because the Ravens have already got at the very least second place – a wild card in hand.
7. New England Patriots (8-8), second place, AFC East. The Patriots beat the Dolphins on Sunday to share their season streak and even their general report at .500. New England jumped Miami into this newest wild card as a result of they now have a greater league report (3-2 vs 2-3, giving him a head-to-head tie-breaking).
Who’s on the hunt?
8. Miami Dolphins (8-8), third place, AFC East
9. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8), third place, AFC North
11. Tennessee Titans (7-9), runner-up, AFC South
The Patriots knocked out the Dolphins and the Steelers received Sunday evening to maintain issues attention-grabbing and preserve tempo for the three groups coming into Week 18. they lose their recreation. The Titans will hope to win on the Jaguars of their finals to enter as AFC South champions.
10. New York Jets (7-9), final place, AFC East 12. Cleveland Browns (7-9), final, AFC North 13. Las Vegas Raiders (6-10), third place, AFC West 14. Indianapolis Colts (4-11-1), third place, AFC South 15. Denver Broncos (4-12), final place, AFC West 16. Houston Texans (2-13-1), final place, South AFC
The Jets and Raiders have been the final groups to be eradicated with their loss on Sunday. The Browns have been the one winners in Week 17 on this group. Texans look nice for the general #1 choose after falling for the Jaguars.
NFL FAKE DRAFT: CJ Stroud went to the Colts from 7 Georgia, Ohio State in Round 1 after the Alabama duo won 1-2
NFC playoff official
1. Philadelphia Eagles (13-3), first place, NFC East. The Eagles have already clinched a playoff berth and can clinch the division with a win or a Cowboy loss; Additionally they have work to do to keep up their residence benefit and solitude.
2. San Francisco 49ers (12-4), champions, NFC West. After dodging the Raiders in Las Vegas for his or her ninth consecutive win in time beyond regulation, the 49ers now have an opportunity to grow to be the #1 seed after bypassing the Vikings. They only want a win towards the Cardinals and a loss to the Eagles towards the Commanders in Week 18. on this case, they’d have received the conference-record tie-breaking match with a robust 10-2 within the NFC recreation.
3. Minnesota Vikings (12-4), champions, NFC North. Misplaced to the Packers on Sunday and overtaken by the 49ers, the Vikings now not have their method to first place. They misplaced head-to-head to the Eagles and Cowboys, and their convention report is not ok towards the 49ers. They’re most likely caught right here in entrance of the Buccaneers.
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8-8), champions, NFC South. The Buccaneers lastly received the division for a second consecutive title with their residence win over the Panthers on Sunday. They locked onto that seed for the playoffs and hosted the Eagles (once more) or the Cowboys within the wild spherical.
5. Dallas Cowboys (12-4), second place, NFC East. The Cowboys continued to place strain on the Eagles, opening Week 17 by beating the Titans on Thursday evening, narrowing the result in a single recreation. They’ll nonetheless win the division, however in Week 18 they have to defeat the Commanders because the Eagles lose to the Giants. They break up with the Eagles, however broke the tie for key division information (3-2 vs. 4-1). If the 49ers can win whereas dropping, they’ve an opportunity to grow to be the #1 seed with the league title.
6. New York Giants (9-6-1), third place, NFC East. The Giants beat the Colts simply on Sunday, riveting a wildcard berth behind the Eagles and Cowboys. Dropping behind them to be knocked out, the Commanders and Lions locked onto that seed whereas the Seahawks and Packers didn’t catch them.
7. Seattle Seahawks (8-8), second place, NFC West. The Seahawks returned to this place as they broke the three-way tie towards the opposite two .500 groups within the NFC, the Lions and Packers. They will make the playoffs in Week 18 with a win towards the Rams and a loss to the Packers to the Lions as they break a head-to-head tie towards the Lions from their Week 4 win in Detroit.
Who’s on the hunt?
8. Detroit Lions (8-8), runner-up, NFC North
8. Inexperienced Bay Packers (8-8), third place, NFC North
The Packers will advance to the playoffs because the quantity 7 staff within the NFC, beating the Lions. If the Lions win, the Seahawks might want to lose to the Rams to make the playoffs.
10. Washington Commanders (7-8-1), final place, NFC East
11. New Orleans Saints (7-9), final place, NFC South
12. Carolina Panthers (6-10), third place, NFC South
13. Atlanta Falcons (6-10), final place, NFC South
14. Los Angeles Rams (5-11), third place, NFC West
15. Arizona Cardinals (4-12), final place, NFC West
16. Chicago Bears (3-13), final place, NFC North
The Panthers have been eradicated after they misplaced the sport and break up into the Buccaneers. Falcons and Rams play exhausting till the top. The Cardinals and the Bears battle to beat main accidents and limp to the end line.
#NFL #standings #up to date #AFC #NFC #playoff #image #Week #season